Here is a really simple but very tasty recipe for a vegan “no bake” cheesecake. The beauty of this recipe is that you can change up the flavour so simply, swirl in fruit purees, nut butters, chocolate, whatever takes your fancy.
It’s all about the nut butter
For this recipe I am using two types of nut butters to make it super decadent. You can opt for just your favourite nut butter, but I will leave a link below for the ridiculously tasty nut butters I used.
Let’s get straight into it. Remember, have a play around and swirl some of your favourite flavours through this vegan cheesecake.
7 inch ring/tin will be sufficient for this mix
- 160g Digestive biscuits (vegan)
- Dessert spoon of plant based butter
- 510g good quality Vegan cream cheese
- 2 x dessert spoons of vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of Icing sugar
- Nut Butter to taste
- Throw your biscuits into a food processor and blitz or put them in a sandwich bag and give them a good bash with a rolling pin.
- Meanwhile, melt your butter and add it to your crushed biscuit. This should come together like wet sand.
- Press your biscuit mixture into a bottom of your tin, really pushing down and into the sides.
- Place this into the fridge to chill. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Now put your cream cheese into a food processor along with the essence and icing sugar. Sieve your icing sugar into the food processor so you don’t get any big lumps of icing sugar in your mix. Now give a quick blitz until all blended smoothly.
- Spoon your mix onto your prepared biscuit base, spreading evenly and to the edges.
- Put a little spoonful of nut butter on top and swirl around with a skewer. Put back in the fridge to chill for another 30 minutes.
Like what you see?
If you like the look of this recipe and fancy seeing some more then come and be social, check out The Urban Canteen on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Leave comments, like, share subscribe and be part of an ever growing community. We love hearing from you guys, so get in touch and get social.
As always, thank you very much for taking a look #theurbancanteen