These Pea, pesto and feta fritters are so good, they really will become a regular feature in your household. What is also great about this recipe, is that it can easily be adapted, so it is gluten free and vegan. I used a plantbased feta for this recipe, which worked absloutely beautifully. Use a gluten free flour or even a gluten free breacrumb to help bind the fritters.
Keep things simple!
These Pea, pesto and feta fritters are made using frozen peas, so it really keeps things simple. These are great as a side or as the main attraction of the meal. You can use a store bought pesto for these, or use a homemade (recommended as it always tastes better). I will leave a link in this recipe to a really simple pesto, that literally takes minutes to make and will send these fritters of the charts with taste!
Pea, pesto and feta fritters
- 300 grams frozen peas defrosted
- 200 grams feta or plant based alternative
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Pesto
- 1 small onion finely diced
- Make sure your peas are completely defrosted and any excess water has been drained.
- Crumble in the cheese.
- Add your pesto.
- Chop your onion into small dice and sauté until soft and transparent. Add to the mix.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Now add the flour and mix well until the mix comes together and can form balls.
- Place a pan on a medium heat with a drizzle of oil in.
- Make little fritters from the mix, place in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes either side until golden brown.Now enjoy.
Like what you see
If you like the look of these recipes and fancy seeing some more then come and be social, check out The Urban Canteen on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Leave comments, like, share subscribe and be part of an ever-growing community. We love hearing from you guys, so get in touch and get social.
Remember to hit the ebook link if you would like a copy of The Urban Canteen ebook that is currently only £1.99! It has 12 delicious recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, which can all be adapted.
As always, thank you very much for taking a look #theurbancanteen.