Need some energy??
Now we all love a bit of a snack and lets face it, if you have a long day at work or have the gym later in the day, you might well NEED something to get you through. Well look no further, as these super tasty energy Matcha and Pistachio balls have your back!!!
You can add or change the ingredients in this recipe and have a little play around, especially once you have made them a couple of times and you get used to the recipe, the combinations are endless.
The great thing besides the taste, is that there is no baking, they will last for days and they really are so simple and quick. So lets jump straight into it.
- ½ cup of Pistachios (75g)
- ½ cup of Cashews (75g)
- 8 Medjool Dates, pitted (140-150g)
- 2 teaspoons Matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cardamon (1 cardamon pod crushed)
- 1 Lemon grated
- 2 tablespoons Desiccated Coconut
- Cacao Powder-Optional
- It doesn’t get much simpler than this! Throw all the ingredients (except the Cacao Powder-if using) into a food processor and Blitz.
- Shape into balls, if you would like that extra bit of indulgence, roll into Cacao Powder.
- Then eat, eat and then eat some more! If there are any left then pop into an air tight container and keep for a couple of days.
Not just energy
These won’t just give you a little energy lift in the afternoon that we all need, they are also packed so full of goodness due to the ingredients that the benefits will just keep coming. Due to the Pistachios and Cashews, you have vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in abundance (including Vitamins E,K and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium , iron and selenium all of which are important for maintaining good bodily function). The benefits of Matcha are endless but include antioxidants, detoxifies the body, burns calories, fortifies the immune system. Using Coconut Oil increases the healthy cholesterol (HDL) in your body, but it also helps to convert the bad cholesterol (LDL) into good cholesterols as well as many other benefits. So you see, not only are you filling your face with a ridiculously tasty treat you are also looking after your body at the same time, now that is a win win!