Who doesn’t love a Peanut Butter cup! I could sit and eat these all day, especially if they are home-made, only contain a couple of ingredients, and are a much healthier version than you can buy. Now add raw cookie dough into the mix and HELLOOOOOOOOOOO! We definitely have a winner on our hands, Cookie dough and Peanut Butter cups.
Time to Pimp this cup
So a Peanut Butter cup is something from heaven, but there’s room for improvement in everything. So in a quest to improve “The cup”, I thought to myself, what’s another sweet treat that I could simply smash into my face all day long……raw cookie dough!
But in a true Urban Canteen style, we need to keep this healthy, simple but very tasty. I had experimented with making cookies from Chickpeas before and they worked so well. So it was a no brainer. This cookie dough recipe is great as cookies, amazing as a raw cookie dough and so so versatile.
It’s a game changer
I have used it in so many ways, obviously as cookies, rolling into balls, covering with chocolate and having as raw cookie dough bites. I have also broked it into smaller pieces and put it into a chocolate Nice-cream and had a cookie dough Nice-cream……Soooooooooo good. The recipe for Nicecream is on this website, all you need to do is add the cookie dough from this post and you are all set.
So we are going to break this down into two recipes. The first, for our epic Peanut Butter cups, which again if you want to play around with and se a different nut butter if you have a favourite. The second, being for the extremely versatile and ohhhh so good raw cookie dough.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter cup
- 170g bar of dark Chocolate
- 2 x teaspoon Coconut oil
- Peanut Butter (or nut butter of your choice)
Method for simple, unpimped Peanut Butter cups
- Melt your dark chocolate in a bowl along with the coconut oil above some boiling water or in the microwave (being very careful to do it for only short amount of times and to keep stirring).
- Once melted, pour just a little into each one of your moulds until the bottom of each mould is covered completely.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Once completely chilled and have gone hard, put roughly a teaspoon of nut butter into each mould (I usually melt my nut butter as this makes it runnier and easier to put into each mould). Try to make sure the nut butter is evenly spread across the mould and is level.
- Again place back in fridge until nut butter has firmed up, pour the rest of your melted chocolate across the moulds, covering the nut butter completely. Place back in fridge to harden.
- Once set, remove from fridge and eat until there are no more left to share.
Ingredients for Raw cookie dough
- 440g tin of Chickpeas (drained and washed)
- 1 x tablespoon of Peanut butter 9or your preferred alternative
- 2 x teaspoon Maple syrup (or honey, agave syrup or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 x teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into food processor and blitz until a smooth dough has formed.
There are a number of things you can do at this stage. Add some chocolate chips and use for cookies (recipe for this is on the video page. Just click on the menu, go to video recipes and click on Double Chocolate chickpea cookies). You can also roll them into balls, freeze for 20 minutes so they firm up, roll them into a melted chocolate mixture, the same as what is used above for the Peanut Butter cups. Chill until the chocolate has set, you have raw cookie dough bites. Or use it in a nice-cream as mentioned earlier in this post.
Method for Pimped Peanut Butter cups
- Follow steps 1-3 for the Peanut Butter cup recipe above.
- Once the chocolate base has set, place enough of your cookie dough recipe in each mould to cover the base by 1cm approx deep.
- Pour on you Melted Peanut butter as per step 4 on the Peanut Butter cup recipe. Then follow rest of steps as per that method, especially step 6, very very important!