This is toooooo good
Cajun roasted Romanesco Cauliflower is where it’s at!!!! This is such a tasty recipe, I promise you’ll be doing it again and again. This is so good as a vegetable accompaniment for other dishes or as the main ingredients as a stand alone dish. The best bit about it (after eating it), it’s soooooooo easy!
It can’t be that easy!
This really is so simple that I guarantee you’ll be giving it a go immediately. You don’t have to use the spices I did, the other great thing with this recipe is that you can play around and experiment. You could substitute Cajun spices for fajita spices or even a Pesto. I’ve tried this recipe a few times now and I really can’t decide what I like best, Cajun or Fajita spices? They are both so good, it really is a tough one.
Our flexible friend
Like I mentioned above, you don’t have to use Cajun spices, you can play around and see what works for you. That goes the same with the dips and dressing. If you’d rather not use smashed Avocado and use something like a Salsa instead for example, then go for it. This is what worked for me (and I reeeeaaaaaally can’t stress enough how awesome this is). The coolness of the Yoghurt worked very well with the heat from the cajun spices and the Lime zest gave this a real freshness that makes you want to keep eating until the plate is empty!
It’s not all about the taste with this bad boy
If this is sounding good to you then keep reading as the ingredients and method follows. But first I just wanted to remind you that although this is a kick-ass recipe with big flavour. One that work perfectly as a snacky option as well as a salad, side dish or main dish. This bad boy is also loaded with health benefits that should keep you coming back for more. Cauliflower is loaded with phytochemicals which are so important and can help with fighting off cancer, heart disease, weight gain, stress and many other issues. They are loaded with Vitamins especially Vitamin C and minerals. The healthy fats from the Avocado can help with the absorption of fat soluble Vitamins which help with energy, brain function as well as many other functions. All this as well as tasting pretty darn epic….why the heck wouldn’t you?
- 1 x large Romanesco Cauliflower (you can use a regular Cauliflower if that’s easier)
- 35g Cajun or Fajita spice
- Tablespoon of Rapeseed oil
- 1x cup of Natural Yoghurt
- 1 x Lime
- 1 x Avocado
- Chilli Flakes and Spring Onion optional
- Pre heat oven to 200°c. Mix the spices with the Rapeseed oil to form a loose paste, if you need more oil then add a drop more until you have a fairly loose paste that you can rub over the Cauliflower.
- Rub the spices over the Romanesco Cauliflower making sure the outside is all covered. Place in a tray and throw it in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Whilst the Romanesco is cooking. Place your Yoghurt in a bowl, zest your Lime, chop a handful of Coriander and mix altogether.
- With the Lime you just zested, squeeze the juice from it into a bowl, scrape your Avocado into it and Mash together.
- When the Romanesco is cooked, place a small knife into it, if it is still very hard leave for another 5 minutes, but if it feels soft and the knife passes into it easily then remove from oven.
- Either leave whole or cut into wedges, drizzle your yoghurt over the top and served with your smashed Avocado. Enjoy and share with others……may be.
I hope you enjoy this post and give this recipe a go. It is super easy, quick and very healthy. If you have enjoyed what you’ve seen then please don’t forget to follow The Urban Canteen on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube (links on Homepage).
Until next time guys….