So this side is compulsory in my household at Christmas! I always make a huge amount as it is perfect for leftovers. You can use it on a buffet, in sandwiches (Christmas sandwiches are the BEST), as a side……this really is the best sweet potato puree ever.
This recipe is easily adaptable, so you add more herbs, more garlic, substitute the double cream for a vegan-based cream or even a coconut cream. Play about with this recipe, but I’m absolutely positive you’re going to love this.
The great thing with this recipe is that there really are only two stages to it. Throw everything in the oven to roast. Then throw everything into the blender to puree! That’s it, super easy and really tasty.
This will keep for several days in the fridge, so feel free to prepare a day or so ahead and get organised. That’s if you can trust yourself for an entire 24 hours with the best sweet potato puree ever.
The best sweet potato puree ever!
- food processor
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1 cup double cream or plant-based alternative
- salt & pepper
- oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 180°c Fan.
- Peel and dice your sweet potatoes. Peel your garlic, leave the cloves whole and place in a roasting tray along with the sweet potato.
- Drizzle with a little oil, salt and pepper and place into the oven.
- Whilst the sweet potatoes are cooking, we can chop our herbs. Strip the leaves off approximately 5-6 sprigs of rosemary, the same with the thyme, then chop them up fairly fine.
- The potatoes should take roughly 25 minutes to cook. If you can get a knife through the potato easily, then it is cooked. This will obviously depend on how small you have cut the potatoes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, throw in your herbs and give them a really good mix so the herbs have coated the potatoes well,
- Now put the entire mix into a blender, with a glug of oil and the double cream and blend until smooth. Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Throw lashings of it onto your dinner and enjoy.
Like what you see
If you like the look of these recipes and fancy seeing some more then come and be social, check out The Urban Canteen on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Leave comments, like, share subscribe and be part of an ever-growing community. We love hearing from you guys, so get in touch and get social.
Remember to hit the ebook link if you would like a copy of The Urban Canteen ebook that is currently only £1.99! It has 12 delicious recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, which can all be adapted.
As always, thank you very much for taking a look #theurbancanteen