Ok, so this delicious Chocolate Banana bread recipe is a little bit out of the norm for me. Why? Because usually I never use refined sugar in my recipes and try to substitute butter whenever I can. But as this is a quarantine recipe and I’m using up ingredients I have laying around, this chocolate banana bread contains both refined sugar and butter. Am I stressing about this? Absolutely not, as these aren’t ingredients I usually cook with, it is not going to make any difference to my diet what so ever. I like taking care of what I consume but as I always say “everything in moderation, even moderation”. Meaning it’s ok not to be “good” all of the time.
Pimp your bread
The great thing with this recipe is that you can totally make it your own. Add in your favourites, maybe a swirl of nut butter or some chocolate chips, perhaps some chocolate spread, banana chips or nuts.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 140 grams butter
- 140 grams sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 140 grams self raising flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- Pre heat oven to 160°c fan.
- Grease a 1kg loaf tin with butter and cocoa powder.
- Cream your butter and sugar together, so it is fluffy and creamy.
- Add a spoonful of flour and mix. Then add one of your eggs and mix well.
- Add another spoonful of flour and mix, then your last egg and mix well.
- Add the rest of your flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Mash up two of your bananas with a fork and mix into your batter.
- Pour the mix into your loaf tin and spread so that it is even. Now slice your remaining banana in half lengthways. Press the two halves of banana onto the top of your loaf (as per the image) and pop into your oven.
- After 30 minutes, put a skewer through the middle of the loaf, if it comes out clean then it is ready to remove from the oven. If some mix sticks to the skewer, leave in for another few minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, allow to cool and remove from the tin.
Like what you see
If you like the look of this recipe and fancy seeing some more then come and be social, check out The Urban Canteen on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Leave comments, like, share subscribe and be part of an ever-growing community. We love hearing from you guys, so get in touch and get social.
Remember to hit the ebook link if you would like a copy of The Urban Canteen ebook that is currently only £1.99! It has 12 delicious recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, which can all be adapted.
As always, thank you very much for taking a look #theurbancanteen